Fill in the correct form of the Present Perfect Simple.
1. She ___________________________ (not / to speak) to me lately.
2. I ___________________________ (not / to see) you for a long time.
3. I ___________________________ (not / to ride) a bicycle since I was 10.
4. I ___________________________ (to read) all the works of Dickens.
5. She ___________________________ (to forget) my telephone number.
6. I ___________________________ (to make) a new song.
7. You ___________________________ (not / to close) the car.
8. I ___________________________ (not / to hear) from Michael.
9. I ___________________________ (to break) a plate.
10. I ___________________________ (to speak) to the new supervisor.
11. The patient ___________________________ (not / take) his medication.
12. The rain ___________________________ (to stop) again.
Oefening 2: Vul de juiste vorm in
1. I ____________________ (to work) in this office since last summer.
2. _____________________ (you / to do) this course for a long time?
3. I _____________________ (to drive) this car for more than ten year.
4. She _____________________ (to plan) the party since the beginning of the month.
5. George _____________________ (to tell) the same stories for several years.
6. What _____________________ (you / to do) since the last time I saw you?
7. You _____________________ (to write) that letter for more than two hours.
8. He _____________________ (to feel) ill for a few days.
B Two weeks ago.
A Where _____________________(you / to stay)?
B I _________________________(to stay) with some friends in their flat. But I am going to move to my own flat next week.
A Hello. What are you doing here?
B I’m waiting to see the manager. I _____________________(to wait) for half an hour.
A She’s very busy. She ___________________(to talk) on the phone to someone all afternoon.
A I didn’t know that you could play the piano.
B Oh yes. I ________________________(to have) piano lessons for a year.
A How long ____________________(you / to look) for a job?
B I started looking immediately after I lost my old job. I _________________(to apply) for jobs for about six months.
Oefening 4: Vul de juiste vorm in Present Perfect Simple of the Present Perfect Continuous.
1. I’m exhausted. I ___________________(to work) in the garden all day.
2. That old house now looks fantastic. The owners ________________(to restore) it.
3. My garden is a jungle. I __________________(not / to do) any gardening for months.
4. I think Maggie and Max are dating. They _________________(to see) a lot of each other recently.
5. We ___________________(to discover) this great pub.
6. How is Maggie? I __________________(not / to see) her for ages.
7. You’re covered in hay, Max. What _____________________(you / to do)?
8. Maggie’s gone to the doctor’s. She _______________________(not / to feel) well lately.
9. Where have you been? I _______________________(to wait) for ages.
10. I have to write a 300 word essay. I _______________________(to write) about half so far.