Rewrite the following words adding a prefix.
Explain the meaning of the following underlined words in English
Fill in the words that fit in best
Choose from: assault / fined / cruelty / imprisoned / a threat to freedom / plead / convict / executed / appeal / suspended / cured / a ban on performing / guilty / sentenced / emblazoned
20. The lawyer urged them to plead ..... .
21. I am pleading that we overcome ..... with kindness and hatred with love.
22. The judge ..... Loeb and Leopold to life plus 99 years.
23. The band received prison sentences, fines and ..... .
24. After he had heard the verdict, their lawyer said he would ..... .
25. A sick kid has a much chance of being ..... as she has of learning to fly. (PTO)
Give opposites to the following words.
29. to charge with
Formuleer vragen waarop de volgende zinnen, en met name de onderstreepte woorden, een mogelijk antwoord zouden kunnen zijn. Denk om de juiste tijd !!
33. We moved to London two years ago.
34 They are watching the 8 o'clock news.
35. He'll probably sell his house to Harry next year.
36. I have been away for quite some time now.
37. The judge had some questions he wanted to ask.
38. Moira Milne saw her daughter drunk in a police cell.
39. Society has failed to create a proper safety net.
40 Trina tells all her friends she enjoyed the summer camp.
41. Video nasties may have played a part in the James Bulger case.
43. We won't convince the jury with that story, .....?
44. He'd forgotten all his keys that morning, .....?
45. She's not going to report it to the police, .....?